Wild Utah’s Best of the Ski Industry
1. Parabolic skis – Why did it take so long to figure this one out?
2. Surefoot Orthotics – If you don’t have them in your boots, you’re not
skiing or riding as well as you could be.
3. Snow! – Man, is it nice to finally get a bunch. Any guesses as to how
many inches we get the last week of February?
4. Austrians – They kick butt.
5. Terrain parks – Another one of the bonus morphs from snowboarding. Ten
years ago, jumping was not allowed; now the resorts all build the jumps for
6. Dermizax - The ultimate fabric for a ski jacket. It’s dry but it lets
moisture out. How does it know?
7. Mittens with a nose-wipe patch – Wonderfully warm and wicks away wetness
8. Cell phones – Ya, OK, they’re a little obnoxious, but for those who work
too much, they really let you get out on the hill, and still (somewhat) cover
9. Dopplemayer Ski lifts – The smoothest ride around—keeps you from dropping
any paraphernalia from the lift.
10. Senator Holdn’ Green – He’s is our kind of politician. Green drags us
through Utah’s chronic issues in ways that won’t make us choke, and leaves
us with the question, “Can a bus take us all out skiing?”